- Are motorhomes available to hire all year round?
- Yes we hire out all year round.
- Are the motorhomes fully insured?
- Our vehicles are all fully insured, this is to cover damage to the vehicles and to third party claims, if there is damage to the vehicle and it’s your fault you are liable for the first £750.
- Are their any mileage restrictions?
- Yes, the mileage is restricted to 100 miles per day, this can be a total of the days of rental @ 100 miles per day, i.e. 4 days rental total miles covered could be 400. Any excess milage will be charged at 6p per mile.
- Are there any other responsibilities?
- The hirer is responsible for any traffic offences committed against the Road Traffic Act, parking fines, congestion charges whilst the vehicle is in their charge.
The hirer is responsible for daily checks to the vehicle, such as fluid checks, bulb’s tyre pressures, batteries, etc.
The hirer is responsible for damage to the tyres, windscreens, interior and exterior damage to the vehicle whilst its in the charge. The hirer is responsible for locking doors and windows when the vehicle is unattended.
The ignition key must be removed when the vehicle is not being used.
When the vehicle is moving passengers must be seated and wear seatbelts provided, the gas must be turned off and items not secure, secured.
- Can I leave my vehicle at your premises?
- Yes you can, we can store your vehicle for the duration of the hire, entirely at the owners risk. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.
- Can we take pets?
- No unfortunately not.
- Can we take the motorhomes abroad?
- No the rental is for UK use only.
- Do you have a minimum rental period?
- Yes it’s a minimum of 3 nights.
- How old are your motor homes?
- All our California’s are under 1 year old. And are maintained by VW trained staff.
- What documentation do I need to bring with me?
- Each driver must bring their driving licence, if it’s a new photocard type don’t forget to bring the green counterpart as well as the photocard, and also two forms of identification, one a photo I.D. such as a passport, and one a recent form of address I.D. such as a utility bill or bank statement.
Drivers must be between 25 and 70 and have held a full licence for a minimum of two years and be in good health.
Drivers are personally liable for all driving penalties incurred such as parking fines etc.
Any points/convictions on the licence will be individually considered and may incur a charge.
- What happens if the California breakdowns?
- All our California’s carry full breakdown and recovery in the case of breakdowns or accidents. A 24 hour phone number is displayed on the windscreen.
In the case of breakdowns which are the fault of the hirer, such as filling with the wrong type of fuel, loss of keys, running out of fuel, or becoming bogged down, any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- What if I cancel my booking?
- If your cancellation is within 6 weeks that you are due to collect the California, your deposit will be forfeited, we recommend you take out adequate insurance cover for this sort of eventuality.
If on arrival to collect the California, your driving licence is unacceptable, due to endorsements, defacement or incorrect vehicle categories, no monies will be refunded.
- When can I collect or return the camper?
- Collections on weekdays between 8:30am and 3:00pm and on Saturdays between 8:30am and 12:00pm.
Returns need to be made between 8:30am and 10:00am on the day of return.
We can’t accept returns on a Sunday as our van centre is closed.
It’s important we have punctual return as we need to service and prepare the California for the next hirer; any late return will incur a penalty cost. Please make us aware ASAP if it looks as though you may be late.
Overall cleanliness has to be in the condition you took it away, a failure to return it in clean condition will incur a valet charge.
The van will be checked for any damage and the inventory will be checked for any shortages.
- Why do you need a security deposit of £750?
- This is a deposit taken for any damage caused to the motorhome during the hire period; the security deposit is fully refundable providing the vehicle is clean and undamaged with a full inventory of items, and will be refunded after the vehicle is checked.